I was going to make this blog all dark, with a black background and all. Especially since it's kind of about my journey out of self harm and emo crap, I wanted to make it look appropriate, but I also wanted it to reflect the fact that I want to move on...
It's like this: We are sinful and full of transgression as we are, right? We are black with evil nature as humans born into this sinful world. Through Jesus, God gives us a way out, a way to redemption and a way to Himself. He forgives our sins and makes our hearts as white as snow. He covers our sin, our black hearts, and when He looks at us, just sees Jesus, who took our place.
That is why the name of this blog is Paint Me White. I want to be redeemed by Christ. I want Him to take all my crap and make me new. It's a process, I know. It'll be a long one. But anyway that's what I want my bog to be like. I want it to seem emo, but I can't figure out how to mix that with the theme I was going for.
I ended up making the background pink because it's kind of girly and happy. I need a happy environment to write in, frankly. I don't want it to further depress me or make me feel like I am obligated to be some sort of emo kid. The paint brush strokes/splotches went well too.
That's awesome I'm not the best Christian in the world, I'm certainly not going to claim that but I am always here to help you on your journey. I definatley think that it is a good idea not to make your blog even more depressing. It definatley won't help you at all. If you ever need anything I am always here for a chat and I hope to read along with your blog and see you bloom into a beautiful flower in God's garden (That was cheesy, I'm sorry haha) :)
ReplyDeleteOh I am excited that you'll read my blog! I read a lot of yours. Sorry if I left a bit too many comments. I'm actually glad to hear that you are a Christian though... How long have you been a christian?
DeleteThat wasn't cheesy. I liked it.