It basically describes me and my thoughts to a T:
I feel like it's saying that the writer has failed in the past and walked idly from day to day for a long time. He's been won over by (in my case) self harm and other things, and it now defines his will. He doesn't really know who he is because his identity and truth have been berried and left in the dust of his past. He has fed the emptiness and become numb.
No mater what happens, his failures still haunt him and come back. He's ashamed, angry, saddened and disgusted at how we have careless feet as we walk through the path of life. Wherever we walk we leave a trail, beckoning by default for others to follow. We carelessly leave terrible paths and don't even consider how fragile the dirt we walk in is - how fragile the feet that follow us are. We walk into filth, we end in filth, we are careless.
He says: "I need a heart that carries on through the pain
When the walls start collapsing again.
Give me a soul that never ceases to follow,
Despite the infection within "
I need a heart like that too. I pray for it. I know if I follow Christ He will give me that heart.
"Awaiting my end breathing in the day that finds me new.
Redemption begins Redemption Begins. "
Read the lyrics HERE.
What do you think?
Love,
<3 Carousel
No comments:
Post a Comment