{Guys, I am tempted to post pictures of my cuts, but I know that they can be triggering (it always was for me), so I'm not going to. Here's a poem.}
I fell down a hole. I'd like to say that I was pushed.
A devil took my situation, whirled it's tail round my worst.
The lies I heard, my empty streets, pushed me to the edge.
-A grave yard full of open holes, for new souls to wander in.
The hole looked nice - a place to hide. a friend to house me.
little did I know, there was nothing there but pity.
I jumped, expecting glory, pzazz, something new to find.
Instead I hit the bottom, broke my conscience and my pride.
The devil at the top laughed at my ignorance.
Chastised thin, I cut my skin. In my hole - hoping for bliss.
The blood brought pain, more than anything else,
all alone, I lost myself..
By-passers didn't help me. They didn't see this shame.
me -down in my hole, with hate and love, they couldn't see a thing.
I wanted to get out, but was afraid of the sun.
I didn't have a latter and the shade seemed to do fine.
The sun had always, in my days, preserved what I was.
It shone on my path and let me walk without a trip or pause.
I loved it, but once in my hole, I disregarded truth.
The shade became my "savior," while unknowingly my death-rout.
Through blood and guilt, near death and hate,
I've learned to stop churning for die selfish fate.
Slowly I cry out. Let loose my reluctant voice.
I ask the sun for a latter now, and to show to me it's face.
The latter's decent has begun, and soon I will climb out.
I beg you, now, to do the same, it all is clear when you reach the top.
the shadows fill the hole you're in- They berry you alive.
The sun will free you from the pit- share life. Eternal life.
I know how you feel. I like you're writing style :)
ReplyDeleteThanks
ReplyDelete